Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Aaaaannnnnd, here we go!

Greetings and salutations to one and all!  Welcome to Zombie Saguaros!

At this point, I'm sure you're saying, "WTF?"  And, quite frankly, I don't blame you.  Allow me to esplain'...

I am starting a new chapter of my life in a few days, relocating from small town New Mexico to Tucson, AZ.  From what I have already experienced in the Old Pueblo, I am quite excited by this new chapter in my life.  We will be "Tucsonans" (is that the right way to say it?) for the next 5-7 years, and I am looking forward to a new glut of adventures in the Grand Canyon State.

So, by now you're thinking, "Why, that's great, DesertMom, but what's with the really weird blog name?"  So glad you asked!  On one of our reconnaissance missions to Tucson, we discovered many saguaros that were, shall we say, less than healthy.  There was clearly a deterioration of cactus flesh going on, so naturally we assumed...zombies had taken them over!  Zombie saguaros, to be exact!  And zombies, both human and saguaro kind, need to eat.  Thus, the natural thought process came to "Food Blog!"  Brilliant, is it not?

So, I hope to share with you, dear reader, my culinary (mis)adventures, and come what may, as I Forrest Gump my way through my new life in Tucson.

Let's go and have fun, dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment